Thursday, May 19, 2011

Impact on Personality Using Bikes

Chandani Gurung
Kathmandu

Why should boys have all the fun? You may have seen or heard  this in an advertisement of pleasure scooty. Definitely why should boys? Because of that huge numbers of girls are attracted to this two wheel automobile that we call it scooter.This has helped them feel free. Krishna Gurung of Nobel college said that, it has already been 4-5 years since she started riding her scooter Dio. She said, "My G-Dragon (name given to her scooter) has helped me alot. This is my friend when i have noone. Because of this I can go anywhere on my own ." She further said that this has build up her confidence and personality.


Trisa Chhetri of Gateway College for Professional Studies said, "Riding scooty has build my personality. While going to college, I ride my scooty. This has made me easy. I don't have to travel in bus through  different crowds." When you have it, you'll feel free, said Annilisha Gurung riding Wave. Before riding scooter, I used to travel through local buses. There I had to face many problems being a girl. But now, I'm relieved. I don't have to go through all those stuffs. This has made my daily job really easy, added Annilisha.

Despite of its uses, girls are even facing problems on the road. Tripti Gurung said that the boys try to dominate them. They come to compete with them. On jams they are facing more problems. She further said, "I once had a fight. there was a jam at Paknajol's chowk. The man there let the bikes pass but stopped us." Agrreing with the point, Anudeep Dewan said, "This really is annoying. Even today, girls are considered inferior to them. But I'm not the type to keep quite, I fight for it."

Regardless of these problems, scooter has really helped them. They can go wherever they want. They don't have to depend on boys. They can come and go anytime they like.














1 comment: